Rotary lime kiln is also called lime rotary kiln or limestone rotary kiln. It is used for the calcination of limestone to make quicklime. And specifically speaking, it is a slightly horizontal device that can rotate continuously to burn down the limestone thoroughly to make quicklime. Lime rotary kiln, along with vertical lime kiln, is the core equipment for lime calcination plant. Daswell provides customized rotary lime kiln with great durability, reliability and great performance. And to improve cost-efficiency and energy-efficiency, Daswell also offers vertical preheater and vertical cooler to work along with our limestone rotary kiln. In fact, Daswell offers tailor-made turnkey solutions for quicklime plant, including designing, planning and supplying the complete set of equipment.
Features of Daswell Lime Rotary Kiln
- Easy to maintain. Regular maintenance is vital for limestone rotary kiln to ensure great yields. Daswell rotary lime kiln can be easily overhauled or repaired due to the unique rotary lime kiln design.
- Various fuel options. Daswell lime rotary kiln can use oil, gas, pulverized coal or pulverized petroleum coke.
- High efficient burner. The furnace of Daswell lime rotary kiln is of high efficiency with high technology perfection. In this way, the rotary lime kiln can be energy-saving and has positive effect on environment.
- Great durability and reliability. All parts of Daswell limestone kiln are made of quality materials to ensure the optimum performance.
- High quality quicklime with high capacity. Daswell rotary lime kiln rotates continuously convey limestone through the lime kiln, which greatly improves the calcining capacity and ensures the calcining quality of limestone.
- Cost-efficiency. Daswell limestone rotary kiln often works with vertical pre-heater and vertical cooler. For the preheater, it uses the exhaust hot air from the rotary lime kiln to heat the limestone so that can save energy in limestone cacination process. As a result, Daswell lime rotary kiln can make high capacity of burnt lime with low energy consumption.
- PLC control. Daswell rotary kiln for lime calcination is controlled by PLC system, which allows you to easily monitor and adjust the lime manufacturing process.
- Large capacity. The capacity range of Daswell rotary lime kiln, together with preheater and cooler system, is 150-1200 tons per day.
Daswell Lime Rotary Kiln Manufacturer
Henan Daswell machinery is a professional supplier of rotary lime kiln. In fact, Daswell offers end-to-end solutions for lime calcination plant, including initial designing, planning, providing complete set of equipment and after-sales services. And Daswell has finished several successful quicklime plants projects worldwide. As for the rotary lime kiln, it is the core equipment for quicklime production plant. Daswell limestone rotary kiln are customized designed and manufactured to meet customer’s needs. For different production capacity needs, Daswell lime rotary kiln can come in different diameters. Daswell rotary kilns for lime calcination are of robust designs with quality materials so that they can work for long term with great performance. Besides, to ensure the high cost-efficiency of lime calcination plant, Daswell also offers vertical pre-heater and vertical coolers to work with the lime rotary kiln.
Calcination of Limestone in Rotary Kiln
Limestone contains mainly of calcium carbonate. And when limestone is strongly heated in rotary kiln, calcium carbonate undergoes thermal decomposition to form calcium oxide, which is quicklime, and carbon dioxide (CO₂). This reaction takes place at 900℃, but the temperature in rotary lime kiln is often around 1000 degrees to make the process happen quickly. But excessive temperature is avoided because it produces unreactive, “ dead-burned” lime. Rotary lime kiln rotates continuously on riding rings for a period of time so that the limestone can be burnt down thoroughly. During the operation of rotary lime kiln, quicklime will be left inside, with carbon dioxide being driven off.
Capacity (t/d) 150 200 250 300 400 500 600 800 1000 1200 Material Limestone Vertical Preheater 4 Pusher head 6 Pusher head 8 Pusher head 12 Pusher head 14 Pusher head 18 Pusher head 22 Pusher head Rotary Kiln Kiln Size (m) ø2.5×40 ø2.8×42 ø3.0×48 ø3.2×54 ø3.4×54 ø4.0×52 ø4.0×60 ø4.5×64 ø4.9×70 ø5.24×72 Burning Temperature (°C) 1350/1250 1350/1250 1350/1250 1350 1350 1350 1350 1350 1350 1350 Blocking-wheel Mode Hydraulic or Mechanical Hydraulic Cooler Vertical Cooler Fuel Coal, Coal Gas, Natural Gas, Diesel Oil, Heavy Oil Heat Consumption (KJ/KgCaO) 5300/5000 5300/5000 5300/5000 5200 5200 5100 5100 4810 4810 4810
Rotary Lime Kiln Design
Rotary kiln for lime production is a central equipment for quicklime plant. In fact, it has long been used for making quicklime. And the design of limestone rotary lime has been constantly designed and innovated with the improvement of high technology as well as the great materials. Daswell modern rotary lime kilns are made of high quality materials with high technology. It is a rotating cylindrical vessel. And it is slightly inclined to horizontal, with the higher end being the material inlet and lower end to discharge quicklime. As a result, the processed limestone in the rotary lime kiln will move to lower end to be discharged. Its shell is often made of rolled mild steel plates which are welded to form a cylinder. And the lengths and diameters of the cylinder vary from each other depending on the needs of customer’s. Daswell provides limestone lime kiln with length ranging 40-72m, while the diameter ranging 2.5-5.24m. Daswell rotary lime kilns tend to shorter because they can work with vertical preheater and vertical cooler.
Except for the rotary lime kiln vessel itself, there are other parts which can be important for the limestone lime kiln. For example, the refractory lining inside the kiln shell, riding rings, rollers, and furnace and so on. As for the refractory lining, it is used to insulate the lime kiln shell from the high temperature in the rotary lime kiln, and also protects the shell from the corrosive property of the processed material. For the riding rings, they are made of quality steel casting and are uniquely designed to fit the shell snugly and allow the smooth movement of the rotary lime kiln. And the rollers are used to support the limestone rotary kiln and allow the smooth rotating of the lime rotary kiln. The furnace is at and the lower end of lime rotary kiln. Through the furnace, fuel, such as oil and gas, will burn the limestone in kiln with high temperature.
Rotary Lime Kiln Operation
How does a rotary lime kiln work? Daswell rotary lime kiln often works with vertical preheater and vertical cooler. So the lime rotary kiln process will include the process of preheater and cooler. Firstly, quarried limestone will be further crushed, sifted and washed to be proper feed material with required sizes. Then the limestone will be transferred to vertical preheater through bucket elevator. In the preheater, the limestone will be preheated by the exhaust hot air from the rotary lime kiln. For the limestone in the rotary lime kiln moves in counter current with the air flow in the kiln. And the preheated limestone will go into the rotary lime kiln for calcination. The rotary lime kiln will rotate constantly for a period of time to burn through the limestone. At the end, the burnt lime will be discharged into the cooler to cool down. Finally, the quicklime then will be stored in product silo.